CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Saturday, January 24, 2009

It's been awhile.

Updates.... So far so good one most of the resolutions for 2009...I think...I can't remember all of them...bonus to not remembering them is that I won't be disappointed if I don't accomplish the goals I set out to...

We are in renovation-land here. I would say reno-hell but I'm too excited that things are getting done. We installed a new floor in the bathroom (by we I mean me). We installed new countertops in the kitchen and rearranged cupboards. We reinstalled the long forgotten friend, mr. dishwasher, who I have missed terribly and we just today tore down a wall. It's different being able to see into an empty blue walled bedroom from my freshly painted chocolate brown kitchen.

I'm thinking at the moment that I picked a not so great time to blog...but whatev...Rob's brother came over to visit...oh joy...not that I mind visits from him, they are not that frequent actually and I do enjoy his company. He brought kids. And donuts. And hot chocolate. How nice of him. Right. Like my kids need more sugar, actually since I cut out A LOT of the sugar they used to consume any amount of sugar is like edible gold to them. Along with this sugar throw in 2 kids who aren't familiar with our household and the rules here. Extreme rules like no throwing toys at each other, no hitting, no going in rooms that contain dangers (like my bedroom).

Aargghhhh...that is the feeling I am experiencing right now. As I am in the kitchen with my fave fave fave giftie from my hubby ever, my laptop, there are 5 kids ransacking the small temporary playroom just off the living room. They are throwing more toys than I knew even existed in this house. Where are the father's of these children? Outside. Why? Because this is what everyone does to me...the one non smoker in all of existance...ok well it feels that way when we all get together. I get left behind to mind all these hellions, er, children while the rest socialize outside. I hope they freeze their tails off!!!!!

0 comments: