CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Ode To My Littlest One

Coco, you are my third~born child, my second son, my little shadow. From the moment you were born you've been my mama's boy, even more so than your brother whose youngest baby boy status you stole. I spend most every minute of my day with you. You are the last thing I see before I fall asleep at night and the first thing I see each morning.

And boy, it's getting old!! Even as I sit here trying to type this out you are pinching my arm. Why? Who knows? So long as it entertains you, right? I have sacrificed my bodu in so many ways for you already why not be your personal pin cushion as well.

You have entered the terrible twos with a vengeance. I hope that you are like the month of March. In like a Lion out like a Lamb. I can compromise. You take this year to get it out of your system and then we won't have to revisit any bad behavior until your late teens, if ever.

Coco, my perfect little man~in~training, you will make a great husband one day. With the way you leave your socks wherever you happen to rip them off, the way you insist on wearing your boots in the house, and the way you play with something then drop it and walk away. The fact that you have a hate on for any clean room in the house and how everyone in the house has to tread carefully around your moods. Your future wife will love me so much for the job I have done raising you.

You know what she will thank me for, though? The way you cuddle and give Eskimo kisses out of the blue. The way you are always more than willing to *help out* when I am in the kitchen.

Coco, you spend a good part of each day terrorizing me, the dogs and the cat, and most of the evening doing so to your brother and sister. As we speak you have journeyed to the other room and are yelling at them. Even though they are asleep you are trying to get their attention. How sweet of you.

I think it is so stinking cute how you are obsessed with ladybugs, books and baths. You bring a smile to my face as you scream cutely at the ladybugs on the floor and window.

But soon you will fall asleep and as I gaze at you I will forget everything except how much I love you.

0 comments: