CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Silence is Golden.

I am not speaking to my husband. At all. Not even so much as looking at him if I can help it. I can hold a mean grudge if I want to.

I am going about my usual routine. I made supper and cleaned up. I even made enough spaghetti for him. I'm not 100% sure that if his brother wasn't here that I wouldn't have let him fend for himself. Let's pretend that as passive-aggressive as I can be I wouldn't begrudge him a meal. At least not in front of the kids.

They already heard the argument. In the car. Where it started. And it would have ended there if he would have simply acknowledged he was wrong.

I hear giggling from someone. Maven, perhaps?

Here's how it started.

About a week ago I mentioned to hubby that the front tire is making a noise and could he check it. He says, "I already did. It's fine." Not Fine!! Here we were driving to my parent's this afternoon when the *noise* gets progressively louder. and louder. and louder. So I pull over. We get out. He takes off the hubcap. Along come two of the bolts. So he tightens them up. All is well now. As I'm closing the trunk, I say, "Not to say I told you so but I did ask you to check that tire." That did it! He says he did and it was fine. I reply, "When? Last month? Because I asked you last week!" So I go on about how wouldn't it have been great if it had happened while I was alone with the kids and the whole damn tire fell off? blah blah blah

So then the silent treatment on our way home. Followed by more fighting. Someone saying stuff he probably shouldn't say to his wife who has been feeling sick and tired and sore all day. You know like how the house certainly isn't spotless and crap like that. (This came after me pointing out what his responsibilities as *The Man* are.)

Oh Fuck! I just spoke to him. Dammit! I was all distracted by typing. Crap! That ruined my whole evening now. And he smiled about it! Fuck!

1 comments:

Beth Smith said...

I would have been pissed too.